How do I turn on two-factor authentication for my Workplace account?
Change platform:Computer Help
You can enable two-factor authentication to add a two-factor authentication system to your Workplace account for added security, if this hasn't already been set up by your admin.
You will not be able to turn on two-factor authentication if single sign-on (SSO) has been enabled.
If you turn on two-factor authentication, also known as multi-factor authentication (MFA), you'll be asked for a special security code each time you try to log into your Workplace account or app from a new device.
Once you've entered this security code, you’ll have the option to save the device to your account so that you won't have to go through the process when you log in from the same device again.
To turn on two-factor authentication:
- Log into Workplace.
- Click your profile picture at the bottom left of Workplace.
- Click Settings.
- Click Security and Login.
- Scroll down and click Edit in the Use two-factor authentication section then select Get Started. You may be asked to reenter your password.
- From here you can:
- Click Use authentication app to use an app such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile to generate verification codes.
- Click Use text message (SMS), enter your phone number, then confirm you own the number by entering a confirmation code sent to you via SMS.
Keep in mind that once you've set up your two-factor authentication preferences, you'll need to click Enable to activate the feature.
Note: Security codes can also be generated with a third-party app, or a Code Generator in the Workplace app.
If you no longer have access to your two-factor authentication or can't log in, reach out to your Workplace admin or contact support.